I’m not sure how many years I’ve participated in Carl’s RIP Challenge… maybe this is year four? Maybe five? Anyway, it’s my favorite time of year, reading my favorite kind of books, so I’m always up for this!
As usual, I follow this challenge loosely — my own personal guidelines are that I read exclusively RIP books (gothic, horror, thriller, etc.) for September and October. I will have to make an exception this month to read my book club book (The Sense of an Ending), but other than that, it’s all RIP, all the time.
I’ve already started. I just finished Gillian Flynn’s Gone Girl (loved!). Here’s what else I plan to read in the next two months:
- Carrion Comfort, by Dan Simmons. Wanted to read this for awhile.
- Hell Train: have heard good things about this, if I can find it…
- Ghost Stories by M.R. James
- The October Country, Ray Bradbury. Love him.
- Miss Peregrin’s School for Peculiar Children
That’s enough to start; I’m sure I’ll find some more at the library and pick up hints as others read and post. I’m also hoping to watch a bunch of scary movies.
Lots of stuff happening here lately; I might be slow in posting. All good stuff, but distracting. However, there’s always time to read, right?!